Friday 5 October 2012

Sunshine and Showers Part 1

This week has just been utter chaos for me. But not chaos in a good way. More like "Oh my God this is where I die. Please, my minions, prepare my funeral for me whilst I get busy drafting up my eulogy." Melodramatic? Well, of course. But what would life be without a bit of exaggerated drama? I'll tell you what - boring. It would be boring as hell. And if there's one thing I don't like, it's boredom. So it pains me to say that I have been incredibly bored this week.

It all started on Monday (it actually started last week but it wasn't particularly noticeable then so we'll just fast forward to when it all really kicked in. Which would be Monday) when I thought I had succumb to that annual nastiness known as The Flu (TM). Muscles aching, neck swollen, slight temperature, the works. I travelled to work hating myself for not having had the flu jab yet, and spent my journey from work, well, passing out. And on this point, let me state that commuters are mean. A 21-year-old girl literally passes out on a bus and not one person said a thing. When did we get to a point in this country where people became so self-absorbed that they genuinely don't care one iota about someone else's well being? Commuters make me sick.

So, I stumbled off of the bus and stumbled my way home where I fell into bed and thought that was that. An early night would do me good, right? WRONG. I woke up in all kinds of messed up, genuinely fearing that if I dared to open my mouth it would be my last breath. It wasn't. I was dragged to the doctor by Lurch, who then sent me to A&E where I waited for six hours (SIX HOURS!) to be given a diagnosis. Kidney infection.

I don't know how many of you have had kidney infections, and if you've had one you'll truly recognise what I'm about to say here: Kidney infections hurt like hell. I have never known pain like it in my life. And I never wish to know pain like it again. So, like a good little pill popper, I've been downing the antibiotics, and painkillers, and drinking so much water it feels like my bladder is Little Niagra Falls. It's a nightmare.

Oh, and then I had some bullying at me on the internet. Jeez, those guys suck.



No comments:

Post a Comment