Wednesday 24 October 2012

Life lately






Nothing delights me more than getting into clean, fresh, brand new bedsheets. This week saw the purchasing of outrageously bright bedsheets that Mr Valentine has described as "blindingly bright." I'm inclined to agree with him - they're way too bright for my delicate little eyes - but I shall never let him know this. It hasn't all been shockingly bright in my life this week: London has decided to shroud itself in possibly the gloomiest fog imaginable. Normally, I get a fairly decent view of The Shard (the Ugliest Building In The World) from the roof at work yet I haven't been able to see it at all this week. Blessing or curse?

I've been enjoying the simple pleasures lately: the most beautiful scented candles I've ever discovered, a whole heap of books, and a Winnie The Pooh thermal cup that only cost £1! I decided to re-read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower because of the film adaptation and forgot how good it really is. A book that's not so good is Cheryl Cole's autobiography. Yes, it's probably been ghost-written, but it's just so gloomy, much like London's skies recently. For a woman who has so much money and fame, she don't half know how to be miserable. A laugh/joke/smile wouldn't kill the woman. Maybe the Girls Aloud reunion will do her some good?

Oh, and Daisy (my mum, really) got a puppy! He's so lively... literally like Daisy in dog form! They've been inseparable since the moment they laid eyes on each other. I thought Daisy was exhausting on her own, especially now that she's beginning to ponder the possibility of walking. But her and the dog together? Migraine central!

I've been planning some themed posts for the next few months. I'll obviously be doing some insanely Christmas-y posts (as readers of the old blog will now, I'm ever so slightly obsessed with the most wonderful time of the year) and a post (or eight) about Hanukkah, but I'm open to suggestions! I like the idea of themed posts and the like the idea of variety so I look forward to seeing what this venture brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment